Monday, August 19, 2013

RASGULLA


Bengali sweets are the most loved among Indian sweets.  As I am a big fan of sweets, Rasgulla which is a Bengali Sweet, without a second question is one in my favorite list. Usually I used to buy Rasgullas from sweet shop. But since tomorrow is Rakshabandhan, I thought of giving my sister some homemade sweet, specially made by myself, as a token of care and love. Though, it is a little time consuming, this is worth the effort. This Rakshabandhan, give your sister or brother some sweets prepared with extra sweetness of love and express your care. 

On this Rakshabandhan, I’m dedicating this recipe to my one and only sister as token of gratitude for her love and care.


Ingredients:-
1. Paneer – 250 g (yields around 15 balls of small lemon size)
2. Water – 2 cups
3. Sugar – 1 cup
4. Cardamom – 2 nos. (Crushed)

Method:-

1. Knead the Paneer well for 10 minutes. Once it become a smooth pliable dough, make it into smooth small lemon sized balls and keep aside.

2. Heat water in a wide bottomed vessel, and add sugar and crushed cardamom. Stir well till sugar dissolves completely and let it boil.

3. When the sugar syrup starts boiling and bubbling, introduce the balls slowly one by one. Simmer it for 3 minutes. Then cook it for 10 minutes closed with a lid in medium flame. Open the lid every 3-4 minutes to allow the vapour escape. When it is ready, the balls will be almost double in size.

4. Cool it completely, chill it for an hour and serve chilled.

Note:- Normally it is made from home-made paneer, by curdling the milk and filtering it. I skipped all those and bought paneer from diary and made it. It saves time and difficulty of making paneer, which needs muslin cloth for filtering and all. I took 250 g of paneer, which only cost me 50 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment